Landshark Fitness Tips: Essential Strategies for Successful Weight Loss
Essential Strategies for Successful Weight Loss
- Be realistic in your goal setting. 1-2 pounds a week is considered a safe and long-term weight loss goal. Losing just 10% of your body weight, will improve your health by lowering your cholesterol levels, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure.
- Surround yourself with people of like-minds to help you reach your weight loss goal.
- Exercise and mindful eating go hand in hand to initially meet your lose weight goal and then to keep off the pounds long term.
- Recognize true hunger as when you stomach growls. If you “ think” your are hungry, then that is your head dealing with some sort of stress. Try walking, meditating, or taking a short power nap first to see if the “hunger” goes way.
- Finally, plan ahead. This is essential for weight loss success. Where will you put 30 minutes workout time into your day? What will be your food choices for the day? Are you traveling? Will you be eating out or a t home? Check the nutritional breakdown of your frequent eats at “chain” restaurants and know before you go, what you can eat.
Practicing these strategies while you lose weight will help you maintain your weight loss long term.